Dry Skin Gets Itchy, Flaky and Is Easily Bruised. Avoid It This Winter.
Winter is an amazing time of the year – holidays, crisp air, Fresh snow and warm fires. But the colder climate and lower humidity affect the condition of your skin. Lesser humidity just goes along with colder temperatures, even if you live in a more temperate area without snow. Here are some tips for winter skin care to protect your skin:
1. Get a facial skin treatment. Facial is a great technique to clear out your skin from any deep seated dirt and impurities that you may have. Our skin changes as the climate does, so it is very important to prepare your skin to help ease the season transition. In addition to that, beginning with a clean face allows your winter skin care routine to be more efficient.
2. Stay hydrated. During winter, it is important to drink water on regular basis. Unknown to many, we get more dehydrated during the winter season so it’s more imperative to stay well hydrated. And of course drinking lots of water can help in clearing out our skin and make it dewy.
3. Shield your skin from the harsh cold. At the time of winter, we dress up in heavy jackets to protect our skin from the cold. Unfortunately, most of us ignore our facial skin when it should not be any different with the rest of our body. Make sure you use a heavier moisturizer during the winter season to avert the skin from getting dry. Our skin, particularly our facial skin, gets more sensitive during winter so it is very essential to have an extra layer of protection.
4. Protect your lips. Do not neglect our lips during winter. Nothing is as uncomfortable as red, chapped, bleeding lips. Avoid petroleum based products through as it can clog the pores on your lips.
5. Use sunscreen. Just because it is cold outside does not exactly mean that the sun’s injurious UV rays are on break. Wearing sunscreen is still a must during the winter season. Always remember to put on your sunscreen 30 minutes before you go outside.
6. Exfoliate regularly. Buildup of dead skin can cause dull lifeless skin. To give your skin that blaze this winter, it’s significant to exfoliate at least once a week to rejuvenate and reveal fresh new skin.
7. Skin care products: Ingredients in your skin care products are of the utmost importance. Synthetic chemicals are harmful tor your skin. Look for products that are made with natural ingredients. Some of the best ingredients for your skin are olive oil, shea butter, aloe vera gel, cocoa butter, and vitamin E just to name a few. Essential oils can also play a big role in healing your skin. Many essential oils have hydrating and regenerative effects.
Besides this, if you experience blisters which can happen to very sensitive skin that is exposed to extreme cold, get in touch with your dermatologist who can prescribe a skin care product that is right for your type of skin.
Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables which are filled with vitamins and minerals for natural skin care. Remember that it is also vital to keep your face clean all the time, by using the correct make up removers and mild astringents.